ISS SecurOS v.10 Intelligent VMS
Powerful New VMS Capabilities Leverage the Power of Native Analytics
ISS introduces the latest release of the company’s renowned SecurOSTM Video Management System. The new SecurOS v.10 features an updated, highly intuitive GUI designed to accommodate multiple clients and the ability to easily manage large systems with infinite scalability. Additional enhancements include a new web client for remote access, robust cyber security updates, 64-bit edition for faster throughput and larger capacity, enhanced native failover operations, H.265 Intel QSV support and a brand new Evidence Manager.
SecurOS v.10 is designed to seamlessly integrate with a host of powerful analytics developed by ISS. This unique combination allows ISS to offer a wide range of specialized packages to fulfill users’ specific physical security and business intelligence needs.
ISS provides a more holistic approach to camera management and control by seamlessly integrating native analytics with their VMS platform, enabling them to provide users with truly innovative and unique solutions for their specific security challenges. The release of SecurOS v.10 builds upon ISS’ powerful open platform with numerous enhancements designed to further facilitate ease of use for today’s more advanced and larger surveillance installations.
SecurOS v.10 features a long list of new enhancements that increase ease of operation, performance and functionality, system scalability and security, including:
New SecurOS Cluster:
ISS’ new SecureOS Cluster is a native technology that allows the building of flexible high-availability systems. Main features include:
- cluster failover of many or 1-1 cameras using as few as 2 servers; failover operation within 30 seconds and the ability to manually assign any video server to any workstation
- supports both failover and failback functionality
- SecurOS Cluster natively provides redundancy for its video analytic modules
- Does not use any third-party virtualization or clustering software
Enhancements including: secure HTTPS connection to all cameras with tunneling of both video and audio; digital signature of all exported files using digital certificates to verify the authenticity and source of exported files; and encryption of all data stored on ISS server HDDs.
Improved 64-bit SecurOS architecture
- Optimization of SecurOS makes better use of 64-bit server platform capabilities.
- SecurOS 64-bit video servers now support twice the number of cameras when compared to the 32-bit version
- Total supported bitrate per server increased more than two and half times for Continuous recording and twice for Alarm recording
- For example, a single server can process video streams from more than 300 Full HD cameras with 30fps when recording a 24/7. The total bitrate can be up to 1,300 Mbps
Hardware acceleration for H.265 video decompression (H.265 Intel® Quick Sync)
ISS was the first video management system provider to support Intel Quick Sync Video technology for hardware acceleration of H.264 video decompression. Now SecurOS v.10 supports the hardware acceleration for the decompression of H.265 video.
The use of H.265 (HEVC) codec can save more than 50% of network bandwidth and storage capacity compared to H.264. At the same time H.265 video requires up to ten times more computing resources when decompressed on the CPU.
Intel QSV support allows the offloading of H.265 decompression to GPU decoders from 6th, 7th or 8th generation Intel desktop processors. This removes the limitations for the number of H.265 cameras displayed on SecurOS Operator Workstations.
SecurOS Evidence Manager is designed to effectively review the exported video related to an incident. The evidence video file can contain recordings from multiple cameras.
SecurOS Evidence Manager can be installed separately from SecurOS or can be included with the exported evidence file. It supports simultaneous synchronized playback of all recordings in evidence video file.
SecurOS Evidence Manager has a familiar interface for SecurOS users and inherits many functionalities of SecurOS Media Client:
- grouping of cameras in layouts
- archive navigation – jumping forward and backward
- fast forward playback with normal, x2, x4, x8, x16, x32 speeds
- digital zooming
- processing video received from cameras equipped with fisheye or panamorph lenses
- printing and saving video snapshots
SecurOS WebConnect is an HTML5 based web-client that allows security personnel the ability to monitor video and control cameras on a variety of platforms using standard web browsers.
- Connect to multiple SecurOS installations using SecurOS user credentials
- Up to 13 cameras simultaneously in real-time
- Fast forward playback with x1, x2, x4, x8, x16, x32 speeds
- Jump forward and backward archive navigation
- Cameras can be grouped in Views for operator convenience
- Support of SecurOS Maps
- Thumbnail view for cameras on the Map
- Camera events list view
- Secure HTTPS connection
An updated Client and Administrator GUI
Now SecurOS system administrators have a new robust tool for configuring large-scale security systems with a vast number of operator workstations faster and easier.
A SecurOS operator can use any profile allowed by their user rights.
After successful authorization, the operator can switch between different environments (profiles) that are most suitable for their current tasks.
Updated SecurOS user interface design meets current market demands for usability and functionality. Improved control clarity and darker color scheme make the GUI more convenient to use especially in control rooms with low lighting.
SecurOS v.10 is also available pre-bundled with ISS’ native analytics to provide VMS solutions for specific applications. Some of the SecurOS v.10 analytic modules include:
- SecurOS Auto which provides license plate recognition (ANPR) and comparative analysis for all types of vehicles. SecurOS Auto works in a wide range of internal/external conditions and delivers industry-leading recognition accuracy for US and international locations.
- SecurOS Face captures and recognizes faces from a video stream. SecurOS Face is a class-leading solution with active recognition where subjects know their image is being captured or passively, where they do not have knowledge of such surveillance.
- SecurOS Cargo provides recognition of cargo container ISO codes in a variety of applications. It implements the most advanced native image processing software, the ISS SecurOS framework, and advanced algorithms for the recognition of codes on cargo containers.
- SecurOS Tracking Kit provides a suite of situational awareness detectors such as loitering, crowd detection, object left behind, object counting, etc.…
Additional specialized SecurOS v.10 hardware and software solutions include:
- SecurOS UVSS, an integrated hardware-software based solution for remote under-vehicle surveillance.
- SecurOS Velox, to detect speeding violations with automatic license plate recognition (ANPR) of all passing vehicles.
- SecurOS Motus, an IP-camera designed with integrated ALPR for high-speed and high accuracy commercial and law enforcement applications.
- SecurOS Cargo Terminal, which provides remote visual inspection of cargo containers and control of vehicles which carry them.
- SecurOS Crossroad combines specifically engineered hardware and software to provide real-time detection of complex types of traffic violations.
ISS is a true provider of intelligent surveillance solutions that not only sees and documents events, but provides the rich data necessary to analyze what may otherwise be perceived as disparate events, and alerts management of impending threats, referred to as intelligent video defined.